Jone Hallmark
Simply Stitches
My Mind's Eye
DOWNLOAD CENTER
MESSAGE BOARD
GIFT CERTIFICATES
FREE DESIGNS
What to Expect When Making a Purchase

Welcome to the Embroidables message board.

You are currently viewing our website as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sewing and Embroidery (Questions and Answers) Have a question about a sewing or embroidery technique? This is the place to ask.

Old 12-15-2010
Embroidery Addict

Default Embroidering on Dri-Fit Material

We are starting to embroider on the Nike Dri-Fit polos. This is a thin 100% polyester material. We are having trouble with the marerial around the logo "puckering" up. We understand that it's either the digitizing, the hooping or the thread/bobbin tentions. However, we have not had this problem before. Does anyone know any tricks to emboidering on this type of material. Curious? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2010
Runs with scissors :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Trophy View Post
We are starting to embroider on the Nike Dri-Fit polos. This is a thin 100% polyester material. We are having trouble with the marerial around the logo "puckering" up. We understand that it's either the digitizing, the hooping or the thread/bobbin tentions. However, we have not had this problem before. Does anyone know any tricks to emboidering on this type of material. Curious? Thanks!
Last Christmas I stitched 20 shirts for my nephew' tennis team that were the "dry wick" material. I am presuming they are the same/similar fabrics. I used a cut away poly-mesh stabilizer. After sacrificing two shirts, I reduced the stitch count, changed stabilizers and they all came out great. When I finished them I also covered the back if the design with the same backing I use for baby clothes. The team is still wearing them and the design still looks great. Hope this helped! Good luck!

Kathy
Old 12-17-2010
Website Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedoodles View Post
Last Christmas I stitched 20 shirts for my nephew' tennis team that were the "dry wick" material. I am presuming they are the same/similar fabrics. I used a cut away poly-mesh stabilizer. After sacrificing two shirts, I reduced the stitch count, changed stabilizers and they all came out great. When I finished them I also covered the back if the design with the same backing I use for baby clothes. The team is still wearing them and the design still looks great. Hope this helped! Good luck!
Alright, Kathy-the-embroidery-genius...is there anything you don't know about all the tricks of the trade?
Old 12-17-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami Johnson View Post
Alright, Kathy-the-embroidery-genius...is there anything you don't know about all the tricks of the trade?
I was thinking the same thing Jami. She's starting to show me up now. I think I need to start doing more so I have more tricks in my brain. My fans are going to start looking for her to help them on this board.
Old 12-17-2010
Website Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchinGrandma View Post
I was thinking the same thing Jami. She's starting to show me up now. I think I need to start doing more so I have more tricks in my brain. My fans are going to start looking for her to help them on this board.
Well, I was hesitant to even say that bc I didn't want to hurt your feelings, Vicki. There's plenty of room for two know-it-all's on the board.

Actually, I think you both excel in a few different areas and with the two of you, there's no question that can't be answered on this board. Love it!!!

I hope that came out right.
Old 12-17-2010
Super Moderator

Oh Jami. I was just teasing. I don't really WANT to be the only one answering stuff like that. Gosh, that is WAY too much stress on my brain. roflmao

I'm thrilled we have her (and anyone else that has knowledge to share) here to help answer these questions. It's great that there are so many who are willing to jump in to answer questions like this. We were all beginners at one point and now it's our turn to help those with the knowledge we've all learned through our trials and errors over the years. I LOVE how we have so many that want to help here. AND how we can all get along so well is one of the best things about this entire message board Jami. That's a very rare thing on the internet to have a message board with everyone that loves to help and no bad apples to create any problems. This is a wonderful message board because of that.
Old 12-18-2010

Sorry if I came across as a "know it all", that certainly isn't the case! I just keep samples of every type of material that has ever given me a problem so I can remember what works and what doesn't

Kathy
Old 12-18-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedoodles View Post
Sorry if I came across as a "know it all", that certainly isn't the case! I just keep samples of every type of material that has ever given me a problem so I can remember what works and what doesn't
OH GOSH NO Katie. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. You most certainly do NOT come across that way. We LOVE having anyone with the knowledge to help anyone having problems. It's GREAT that you have so much knowledge and are so willing to help answer these questions. Heck, I had NO idea how to answer this one so I'm very happy you did.
Old 12-18-2010
Website Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchinGrandma View Post
OH GOSH NO Katie. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. You most certainly do NOT come across that way. We LOVE having anyone with the knowledge to help anyone having problems. It's GREAT that you have so much knowledge and are so willing to help answer these questions. Heck, I had NO idea how to answer this one so I'm very happy you did.
Ohhhhh, sweet Kathy....please know we did not mean it that way at all. It was meant with lots and lots of appreciation that you are on our board and have that background to answer those types of questions. I am so grateful for your willingness to share your knowledge with us!!! I hope I didn't ruffle your feathers.
Old 12-18-2010

No feathers ruffled

Now I am off to finish cleaning my sewing room We are lucky enough to have two guest rooms in our home, but we need to use the futon in my sewing room for Christmas guests (we're having a houseful!!). So far, I have two files boxes full of unfinished projects! And I won't even start counting how many boxes full of fabric that will be added to the closet

I could make an early New Year's resolution to keep everything in order...I don't think it will last past January 2nd! (That's the day our last guest goes home.)

Kathy
Old 12-19-2010
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you're ok Katie. I felt horrible that I might have hurt your feelings. TOTALLY not my intention at all.

Once the stashing of stuff away is done you'll have accomplished the cleaning so you're all set to start the new year out with a clean room. hehe