One of the most important decisions you would make when designing a space is your choice of flooring. The surface of space always gives the first impression and since flooring is a crucial part of the budget for your project, it is not a choice to take lightly.
The most amazing thing is you actually can’t go wrong with carpet tiles because it has numerous practical benefits, some of which include; aesthetic, acoustic, comfort, thermal qualities, and great safety, unlike hard surface alternatives. So if you are thinking of going with carpet tiles, here’s what you need to know.
What are Carpet Tiles?
Just like their name suggests, carpet tiles come in the form of square tiles rather than in broadloom rolls. These tiles have been used mostly commercially for many years, and they are becoming popular for use in homes as well. Carpet tiles can be found in just about anywhere from basements to bedrooms, movie theaters, and even garages.
Ease of Installation
Carpet tiles are the easiest to install, that is the major reason why designers, architects, and floor fitters prefer to work with it. Let’s take a look at how your installation can be easier when using carpet tiles:
- Carpet tiles can be easily lifted and transported to the job site without damages.
- Carpet tiles are pre-backed, they can be installed directly even without any underlays. This saves money, effort, and time.
- With carpet tiles, there won’t be any need to leave them to acclimatize for 24 hours before they are laid.
- Even though this is not advised, but in circumstances where time is of the essence, carpet tiles can be laid with furniture in place.
Before now, it was impossible to have different designs with carpet tiles. The available carpet tiles were simply thin squares, seen in a limited type of qualities and colors. This might be the reason you’re not considering choosing them, but now with modern technologies, it is possible to get a wide range of patterns and colors and even apply a custom design to your carpet tiles if you want.
1. Carpet Tile Styles
When it comes to designing your carpet tile solution, carpet style is an important factor to take into consideration. There are a variety of carpet types and styles and different variants within these styles.
You can do loop pile carpeting through the use of looping yarns that bring about a soft, smooth feel. With loop pile solutions, it is easy to play with texture and pattern by combining higher and lower loops.
Cut pile carpets are created when yarn loops are cut to create an upright pile. With cut pile carpets, you have a look that is more formal or exquisite and typically looks darker when compared to loop pile carpets with the same kind of yarn.
Cut and loop pile
These kinds of carpets combine cut yarns as well as looped ones. The combination gives a sculptured effect like squares and swirls and comes in a wide range of styles and patterns
Ease of Maintenance
Maintaining carpet tiles is easy, they can easily be removed for cleaning or replacement. Titles can also be easily stored since they are small and modular and don’t occupy so much space.
How to Clean and Maintain Carpet Tiles
Carpet tiles are not stressful taking care of. The following simple steps would get your floor looking great for a long while.
- Regularly sweep and vacuum to remove dust and dirt. A recommended time frame is one week.
- If anything spills on to it, ensure it is cleaned up immediately with a clean cloth and water.
- Use manufacturer recommended products to remove stains, but for deeply stained tiles, remove it temporarily to clean it well or you can just get a new one and replace it.
- Deep clean every few years with a carpet cleaner to ensure it keeps looking new.
Now that you have a good knowledge of what to expect with carpet tiles, it’s time to dive into the world of carpet tiles and start shopping. There’s always an option for every purpose you have, whether for outdoor, office, or gyms. Carpet tiles providers offers high-quality carpet tiles and is your number one solution for all carpet tile needs. Their products have no defects and are available at affordable rates that let you save more.